Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'to read' shelf

This 3-day weekend found me doing a little cleaning.  I thought I should clean up my home library -- tidy up the stacks of papers (so I can see the wood of my desk), shelve books (so I vacuum the carpet where the stacks of books have been for a lonnggg time), and maybe even weed a few books (so I can shelve those books -- OMG!), 

Well, I designated one shelf just for those books that I have not read, but plan to read.  I soon realized some of these books have been around for ages.  Should they go in the 'reconsideration' stack so I can consider reading them for another year or should I make the final decision?  another OMG!  moment.  

My 'to read' shelves (two) now hold 76 print books and 3 audio books.  Plus, I have at least 15 on my Kindle waiting for me.  I moved one from 'to read' to the another shelf because I had listened to the audio book which I borrowed from my local public library. 

I am happy and sad to say I did not discard one book.  I may have to put another bookcase in the guest room....


No comments:

Post a Comment