Monday, July 11, 2011

goodreads Best of 2010

I started gathering books to take to the beach and decided to get out of my reading rut.  Mysteries and thrillers are my favorite. I just love reading John Sandford, Joseph Finder, Karin Slaughter, James Patterson, Steve Martini, Lisa Gardner, Janet Evanovich, Lee Child, Lisa Lutz  and on and on.   Few if any non-fiction books are on my reading list except for Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt books -- I really like reading about the Roosevelts.  Then I recalled that I enjoyed reading about Frank Lloyd Wright  in Loving Frank by Nancy Horan.   So I thought I would chose a few non-fiction books for my summer reading and reviewed the goodreads list of the Best of 2010 for ideas.

This is a list of favorite books chosen by the readers on goodreads.   "More than 157,000 votes were cast for 460 nominees and thousands of write-in candidates."

I will admit that I did add a couple mysteries to my summer list after looking at the goodreads suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment